The Essex spirit of adventure is why we value the international
dimension of university life so highly. We enable students and staff to
widen their experience with a period of study or work at one of our partner
institutions around the world.
Studying abroad or working abroad
gives you the chance to immerse yourself in another culture and develop your
independence, adaptability and cultural awareness - enormous advantages when you
enter the global job market.
Why we are special
- Relationships with over 150 institutions worldwide
- Staff can visit partner institutions through Erasmus+
- We welcome over 300 study abroad students to Essex each year
- We hold an Erasmus+ Charter for Higher Education 2014-20 (.pdf)
- IIE GSA Commitment Partner
- Shortlisted for the THELMA Outstanding International Strategy Award 2016
Spend a term or year studying abroad during your degree and gain new skills. You'll
get a fresh perspective on the world and your subject and a chance to experience a different educational system.
Complete an overseas work placement as part of your course and gain insights into the
global world of work. Make your CV stand out from the crowd when you enter the graduate job market.
Find out why more than 300 students choose to study abroad at Essex each year. We offer academically rigorous courses, a modern
outlook and a global community of students and staff.