Financial crises. Unemployment. Immigration. Global competition. At
Essex we push the frontiers of accepted wisdom. We examine the decisions of
individuals, the strategies of firms and the policies of governments.
We are one of Europe's leading economics departments. Our creative
and committed academics undertake
world-leading research, pioneering new solutions to global issues.
This work informs our
postgraduate courses. You'll learn alongside research stars who are
breaking new ground in all fields of economics.
We're home to
staff and students from all over the world who want to think, learn
and achieve together. If you're ingenious, industrious and independent,
What makes us unique?
- Ranked 5th in the UK for research excellence
- Ranked among the top hundred departments on the planet according to the
QS World University Rankings
- 93% student satisfaction (NSS 2014), ranked in the top 12 for
- Learn key tools and skills to explore economic issues in depth
- Well-connected with international organisations and financial
- Lively and multicultural environment
Our Department has shaped economic thought and practice across Britain and the world for the last 50 years.
Join us to celebrate this anniversary at our
summer conference on 12 June 2015.
Whether you are an undergraduate or postgraduate student, we have a number of scholarships available
to support you during your studies. Application deadlines are coming up, so make sure you apply soon.
Open Day: 20 June
Book a place on our undergraduate Open Day at our Colchester Campus. You'll get to tour the campus and view accommodation, ask questions and find out more about applying, finance and the Essex Spirit.