|Position in department||Head of Management, Marketing and Organization Group
|Staff position||Professor of Management
|Office hours||Monday: 9-10
Prior to joining the Essex Business School Christian worked as a research fellow at Manchester Business School, as Lecturer at Royal Holloway College (University of London), as Senior Lecturer at the University of Exeter, and Professor of Organization Studies at Swansea University.
- Lic. T.E.W. (Antwerp)
- MSc, PhD (Manchester)
I have a long standing interest in the interface of the humanities and organization studies, in particular the literature/organization seam. My most recent work considers how we can redeem the ruined resources of the past – the neglected, the obsolete, the dilapidated – as sources for contemporary creativity and ways to re-imagine the future.
- Political Economy of Organization
- Cultural Political Economy
- Creativity and Organization
- Finance Capitalism
- Discourse / Literary Theory and Organization
- Management and Organizational History
- Future Imaginings of Organization
- 'White Spaces' of Organization
- BE 465-7: Creativity and Organizations (MSc)
- BE 865-7: People and Organizations (MBA)
Please see the University of Essex Research Repository for links to my work.
- Manchester Business School (University of Manchester), Cass Business School (City University), Aarhus University (Denmark)
- 2003 – to date: member editorial board Journal of Management Studies
- 2009 – to date: member editorial board Culture & Organization
- 2009 – to date: member editorial board Organization
- 2015 – to date: member editorial board Finance and Society
Links to my work on on the web: