We are Essex
Find a course
Search our courses and find the right course for you. At Essex you can show your academic potential in a research-intensive
environment, and develop the knowledge and skills required for a successful career.
"Freer, more daring, more experimental." These were the words of
our first Vice-Chancellor, Sir Albert Sloman. From the student rebellions of
the 1960s to our contemporary ground-breaking research, we have never
accepted the status quo or been afraid to speak out.
Our academics are world-leaders in their field, conducting life-changing
research that has real impact on global issues in politics and social policy.
If you’re brave enough to have ideas and generous enough to share them, then
Why we are special
- Ranked in the top 2% of universities in the world (QS 2016, THE 2016)
- Consistently top 10 in England for student satisfaction in NSS
- Top 5 in the UK for social sciences (REF 2014)
- 8 of our departments feature in QS World Rankings 2017
- Top 20 in the UK for research excellence (REF 2014)
- 2nd most international university in the UK (THE 2016-17) and 18th in the world
Think you know Essex? Think again. As an Essex undergraduate you don't just learn how, we encourage you to ask difficult questions,
challenge why and make your voice heard. We are Essex. Are you?
As a postgraduate at Essex, you'll be at the heart of our internationally acclaimed research
community. We have a range of inspiring courses which develop your skills, experience and employability.