Student Study Form

The University has moved teaching to online only until the end of term on 18 December.

Only teaching for which a face-to-face component is deemed essential is delivered in person.

Do I need to update the Student Study Form?

No, this will be done automatically, and you will receive Zoom links in your timetable. Once the University moves back to blended learning you will be able to use the Student Study Form again to tell us how you want to access your learning. 

I’ve been told my course is exempt and needs to be taught face-to-face, can I still study remotely?

If you are studying on a programme which includes a professional, statutory or regulatory body requirement to have face-to-face teaching or specific laboratory classes your course may be exempt from having to be taught fully online.

If you are unable to get to the University you can still use the Student Study Form to tell us you need to study remotely. Your department will then work with you to identify the best way for you to continue your learning.

Information for international students wishing to study remotely

International students can study remotely as long as they still comply with Home Office requirements. If you are a non-UK national, please refer to the how to come to our campuses page.

There is also information on your responsibilities for studying overseas if you have been or will be issued with, a CAS, Tier 4 or Student visa.

Letting your Personal Tutor know you are studying remotely

You do not need to tell your personal tutor that you need to study remotely. They will have access to this information already. 

What to do if you are unwell

If you are unwell and can’t study at all, you will need to seek authorised absence with your department/supervisor. More information is available on the absence reporting page.

Student Services Hub
Need help?

If you need any further help and advice, please contact or visit the Student Services Hub who will be happy to assist you.