Where the University has identified a compelling legitimate interest in publishing the profile, each individual has the right to request withdrawal of their profile.
All requests will be made through the form available on the Profile Builder Any requests submitted will be allocated to the individual’s line manager / supervisor to review, and an email will be sent advising an action needs to be taken. Where an individual has multiple Line Managers / Supervisors, each will be asked to review. Your request should be reviewed and a response provided within 10 days of you submitting your application to withdraw.
All requests should be assessed on a case by case basis and individual circumstances considered. Consideration should be given to:
- Does publication of an individual’s profile present a safeguarding risk to them or their family? Safeguarding the welfare of an individual must always take priority.
- Is there a concern related to the individual’s personal data being published and how do their rights and freedoms around their personal data balance with the University’s legitimate interest in publishing?
- Would the withdrawal of an individual’s profile hinder their ability to network and perform their role?
- Would there be another way that the individual could undertake their role successfully without their profile being published?
- Is the individual challenging their categorisation and the lawful basis for publishing their profile?
- Is there concern around the sensitivity of research conducted. Individuals can choose the level of information to be published on the profile, could a more selective approach be taken to the information published to remove the need for withdrawl?
Responses need to be submitted on the form, a link will be provided to the form in the email received.