You may apply for this module if you:
- Have completed HS643 or equivalent accredited Diabetes Management course
- are a practising professional
- are familiar with, and able to undertake, self-directed study
- bring to the course a wealth of practical experience in diabetes management; and
- are working in an area of healthcare (for at least 15 hours per week) where management of diabetes is being provided for people under your care with a role to initiate or optimise Insulin or GLP-1 medications.
You are required to have a person act as your practice supervisor. They must be suitably qualified and experienced in diabetes practice and the mentorship/supervision of colleagues. Although not exhaustive the list below would provide sufficient indication of a person’s suitability for this role:
- Currently works in a field of practice that specialises in diabetes, e.g. GP specialist in diabetes, nurse consultant in diabetes, diabetes nurse specialist (who has undergone further training in diabetes practice), Novo/Sanofi diabetes nurse facilitators
- Holds a mentorship/clinical supervision/clinical educators or teaching qualification
Please discuss the above with the module leader if you are unsure that you can meet the above pre-requisites for this course.