Teaching and learning disclaimer
Following the impact of the pandemic, we made changes to our teaching and assessment to ensure our current students could continue with their studies uninterrupted and safely. These changes included courses being taught through blended delivery, normally including some face-to-face teaching, online provision, or a combination of both across the year.
The teaching and assessment methods listed show what is currently planned for 2021 entry; changes may be necessary if, by the beginning of this course, we need to adapt the way we’re delivering them due to the external environment, and to allow you to continue to receive the best education possible safely and seamlessly.
This module takes place over twenty weeks with two 3 hour workshops in autumn term and three 3 hour workshops in spring term.
Topics covered include:
- Searching for evidence using databases.
- Literature review.
- Data collection – including questionnaire design and interviews.
- Quantitative data analysis – including correlation and t-tests.
- Qualitative data analysis.
- Mixed methods research.
- Use of SPSS and NVivo.
- 3,000 word literature review on a topic of the student’s choice.
- 3,000 word mixed methods research proposal on a topic of the student’s choice.