I am a PhD Student at the Department of Government. Before beginning my PhD, I obtained a M.Sc. in Conflict Resolution from the University of Essex (2018) and B.A.s in Cultural and Social Anthropology (2017) as well as Political Science (2015) from the University of Munich. In Munich, I worked as a Research Assistant at the Chair of Empirical Political Research and Policy Analysis for more than two years. I have also made research visits to the Peace Research Institute Oslo (PRIO) and the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI). You can find me in office 5B.151.
- Mehrl, Marius, and Paul W. Thurner. 2020. The Effect of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Global Armed Conflict: Early Evidence. Political Studies Review: Accepted for Publication.
- Mehrl, Marius, and Tobias Böhmelt. 2020. How Mediator Leadership Transitions Influence Mediation Effectiveness. Conflict Management and Peace Science: OnlineFirst.
- Mehrl, Marius, and Paul W. Thurner. 2020. Military Technology and Human Loss in Intrastate Conflict: The Conditional Impact of Governmental Arms Imports. Journal of Conflict Resolution 64 (6): 11721196.
- Mehrl, Marius. 2017. Bargaining with Intensity: Arms and the Signalling of Insurgent Capacity in South Sudan (2005-2017). FI Working Paper No. 8. Felsberg: edition eins.
- Mehrl, Marius. 2015. Performanzevaluationen und Wahlverhalten in Ghana (= Performance Evaluations and Voting Behaviour in Ghana). Münchner Beiträge zur Politikwissenschaft 104. Munich: Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität.
GV517 International Security Studies - Module Supervisor: Professor Tobias Böhmelt (Full Year)
GV112 Comparative Political Analysis - Module Supervisor: Dr. Lasse Aaskoven (Spring Term)
GV518 International Negotiation - Module Supervisor: Dr. Daina Chiba (Autumn Term)
GV711 Career Portfolio - Module Supervisor: Professor Jason Glynos (Full Year)