Paul qualified in Scotland, and worked for 5 years as a staff nurse before taking some time out, to work in HR (on a 3-year career break). He gained many years clinical experience, in Care of Older People, in Long Term and Acute Medicine for older People. His teaching (law) experience started in Further Education (part-time) in 1998, before progressing to Higher Education.
Pauls teaching responsibility is in Adult Nursing. His nursing experience was in Mental Health, Medicine, Older People and Trauma and Orthopaedics. He has a specialist interest in Healthcare Law and Ethics (which he currently delivers across modules). He co-published his first book in 1999.
Paul also enjoyed all aspects of his training as a Registered General Nurse (Comprehensive nursing ,Trauma and Orthopaedics Option), Scotland, and is a Registered Nurse Tutor. He studied law from HNC, degree to Masters levels. Paul has gained experience within the following roles;
- Disability Discrimination Liaison Officer (DDLO) for the Southend CampusClinical Link lecturer for Southend (4years)
- Co-facilitation of the 2015/2016 NMC Revalidation external conferences and internal workshops (UoE).
- is a Full Member of the Institute of Healthcare Management since 1993 (served on an- is national ad hoc committee on
Best Practice Guidelines in NHS recruitment, in 2001- IHM/ DoH)
- is A Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and a Registered Nurse Tutor (RNT).
- was Lay Member of the, Advisory Committee on Clinical Excellence Awards (ACCEA), Department of Health (DoH), East of
England sub-committee) 2010 - 2018.
- is a Member of the Institute of Medical Ethics
- is a Member of the Hman Rights Centre, University of Essex
LL. B (Hons) UEL (with Healthcare Law options)
HNC (SCOTBEC) Dundee College of Commerce (with Law)
FETC City and Guilds 7307 South East Essex College
Open University (OU) 553 A Systematic Approach to Nursing
English National Board (ENB) 923 Developments in Nursing
English National Board (ENB) 998 Teaching and Assessing in Clinical Practice - Mentorship
JBI, Systematic Review (5-day intensive course for academics) University of Adelaide (UWL)