Our postcode is CO4 3SQ, however when you arrive in Colchester, follow road signs to the University (off the A133) to access to our main visitor car parks, which is via the B1027, Colchester Road.
Parking for visitors is available in:
Multi-storey car park
Parking charges are managed by automatic number plate recognition. Before you return to your car, enter your vehicle registration number at one of the pay machines in the car park stairwells. The multi-storey car park also has electric vehicle charging points.
Car Park B, Valley and North Towers car parks
Visit a pay station on arrival, enter your vehicle registration number and follow the on-screen instructions. You won't get a ticket to display as the system uses automatic number plate recognition, but you can request a receipt if you need one.
Pay station locations
- Multi-storey car park
- Valley Car Park
- Innovation Centre
- Essex Business School (in the foyer)
- North Towers causeway (entrance to main campus)
- Outside the Information Centre on Square 3
If you fail to pay on arrival you may receive a parking enforcement notice.
- Up to 2 hours: £2.40
- Up to 3 hours: £3.10
- Up to 4 hours: £3.50
- Up to 6 hours: £5.70
- Up to 9 hours: £8.60
Parking charges apply from 9.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday, except Bank Holidays and Christmas Day. The pay and go machines take coins, notes and debit/credit cards. Unused tickets are not refundable.
Wivenhoe House and Constable Building car parks
Wivenhoe House Hotel car park is reserved for hotel guests. Parking permits should be displayed and are available from the hotel reception. A row of visitor parking in front of the Constable Building is reserved for the use of tenant visitors.
Motorcyclists can park free of charge in the designated motorcycle spaces.
There are spaces available for disabled drivers in all the main car parks.
- Valley car park (south campus) - three designated spaces (nearest to central campus).
- Multi-storey car park (south campus) - ground floor disabled parking space.
- North Towers car park (north campus) - two designated spaces and ten spaces adjacent residential houses
- Car park B (south campus)
- Constable building
- Wivenhoe House
- Three visitor spaces are reserved under the podia (the service road which runs underneath the University) for visitors requiring closer access. Spaces are limited so if you require a space, contact us in plenty of time.
Visitor parking charges apply and payment can be made at the pay stations (see above).
If you have any problems paying to park please contact the Estate Management Helpdesk. Please ensure you display your blue badge when parking in a designated space.