If you decide to park on our Colchester Campus then you’re agreeing to our terms and conditions for cycling, driving, parking and registering. You’re responsible for paying for parking and parking appropriately.
These rules support the University’s travel plan and ensure the safety and availability of spaces, where possible, in the car parks. It also ensures that there is a clear and fair process for parking on campus.
The University is private property. On every entrance (at either end of Boundary Road and on Capon Road) there is a contract to enter sign with details of our parking rules in each car park and at the pay stations.
Getting to campus by car
Our postcode is CO4 3SQ, however when you arrive in Colchester, follow road signs to the University (off the A133) to access to our main visitor car parks, which is via the B1028, Colchester Road.
Parking for visitors is available in:
Visit a pay station on arrival, enter your vehicle registration number and follow the on-screen instructions. You won't get a ticket to display as the system uses automatic number plate recognition, but you can request a receipt if you need one.
Pay station locations
- Multi-storey car park (in the stairwells)
- Valley Car Park
- Essex Business School (in the foyer)
- North Towers causeway (entrance to main campus)
- Outside the Information Centre on Square 3
If you fail to pay on arrival you may receive a parking enforcement notice.
- Up to 2 hours: £2.40
- Up to 3 hours: £3.10
- Up to 4 hours: £3.50
- Up to 6 hours: £5.70
- All day: £8.60
Parking charges apply from 9.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday, except Bank Holidays and Christmas Day. The pay and go machines take coins, notes and debit/credit cards. Unused tickets are not refundable.
Wivenhoe House and Constable Building car parks
Wivenhoe House Hotel car park is reserved for hotel guests. Parking permits should be displayed and are available from the hotel reception. A row of visitor parking in front of the Constable Building is reserved for the use of tenant visitors.
Motorcyclists can park free of charge in the designated motorcycle spaces.
There are spaces available for disabled drivers in all the main car parks.
- Valley car park (south campus) - three designated spaces (nearest to central campus).
- Multi-storey car park (south campus) - ground floor disabled parking space.
- North Towers car park (north campus) - two designated spaces and ten spaces adjacent residential houses
- Car park B (south campus)
- Constable building
- Wivenhoe House
- Three visitor spaces are reserved under the podia (the service road which runs underneath the University) for visitors requiring closer access. Spaces are limited so if you require a space, contact us in plenty of time.
Visitor parking charges apply and payment can be made at the pay stations (see above).
If you have any problems paying to park please contact the Estate Management Helpdesk. Please ensure you display your blue badge when parking in a designated space.