Bryn Morris, our Registrar and Secretary, is currently leading a Review of the Effectiveness of Senate.
Senate is the supreme academic authority of the University. To support this work, a Task and Finish Group has been established. To inform the work of the group and its recommendations to Senate, the Task and Finish Group are particularly interested in understanding Senate’s engagement with the broader University community.
All staff are invited to submit any comments in relation to the following areas, or on any other aspect of Senate’s activities by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org:
- The extent to which you feel informed about the role of Senate, its purpose, and how it works.
- Whether you find the Senate Digital Committee Portal a useful source of information.
- Whether you find the feature on Senate in Top Lines a useful summary.
- Whether you find the standing item on Senate on the agenda of Academic Department or School Departmental Meetings a useful mechanism for engaging with the business of Senate, and the extent to which this provides an opportunity to discuss future Senate matters as well as items that Senate has already considered.
- How do you find out about Senate decisions that are relevant to your role.
- Any ideas you have to increase the engagement of Senate with the broader University community.