The Web Author's Guide provides information and support for University staff members who are responsible for
creating and maintaining content on the University's websites.
The Web Editing and Digital Media (WEDM) team provide training and guidance on all aspects of the web, so that you
are confident and knowledgeable about maintaining the web pages you are responsible for.
This guide includes:
- details of the training courses we offer;
- how to produce effective content for the web;
- using SharePoint Designer to edit your sites;
- authoring corporate-style websites
- guidance on delivering the Essex brand
Our team runs a series of training courses, including writing for the web, for members of staff who provide content for our websites,
and authoring corporate websites for those who edit and maintain our corporate-style web pages.
Ask us a question
Please contact the Web
Editing and Digital Media team if you have any questions or would like more information about editing the University's websites or creating web content.