Fees and funding
Going to university is one of the best investments you will ever make.
Our tuition fees enable us
to invest in your future and continue to provide first-class facilities,
as well as offer a multi-million pound support package which ensures that
students from all backgrounds can benefit from an Essex Education.
What you need to know
- The UK Government provides UK and EU students with a tuition fee loan.
has confirmed that EU students starting in 2017 will still receive this loan for the duration of their course.
- You do not need to pay tuition fees upfront if you are from the UK or EU.
- You only start repaying your loan once you earn over £21,000 per year.
- You repay 9% of earnings over £21,000 (if you earn £22,000, you pay 9% of £1,000).
- Our scholarships and bursaries ensure you have the financial support to help you succeed.
Scholarships and bursaries
We offer a number of financial packages to support
students, including those from lower income households.
Additional support for UK students includes bursaries for
care leavers, students with refugee status, and students
from lower income households studying on a year
abroad, industrial or voluntary placement. Use our Scholarship
Finder to search for funding opportunities.