Through our Access Agreement we will invest in our inclusive and diverse student community, providing opportunity for those
who have the potential to benefit from our University's excellence, irrespective of socio-economic background or ability to pay.
Our Access Agreement is based on the following principles:
- recruiting students nationally with the merit and potential to take full advantage of the educational opportunities offered by our
University, irrespective of socio-economic background or ability to pay;
- increasing retention and progression for students from under-represented groups by recognising and supporting their specific needs;
- increasing student levels of achievement and ensuring the mechanisms to educate our students increase their prospects of securing a good degree;
- achieving successful outcomes and increasing the proportion of students achieving positive employability through providing specific support and
mechanisms to help graduates from under-represented groups be on a level playing field with other UK graduates achieving graduate-level employment; and
- nationally demonstrating the value of the type of education we offer as a research-intensive, research-led University by facilitating opportunities and
access for researchers in schools, and engagement with young people and with families and education professionals.
Read the Access Agreement