Working with us
Your business or organisation can work with us to develop exciting new
ideas, investigate innovative products and processes, explore new market
opportunities and increase your competitiveness.
We are committed to sharing the expertise of our academics, researchers
and professional services staff wherever possible.
Services we can offer you
- Knowledge Transfer Partnerships – providing your company with
access to highly-qualified graduates and expertise, innovative solutions to
aid growth and ideas to help your company succeed.
- Research projects – we work with many leading companies including
BT, Intel and HSBC. Your company could benefit from working with our leading
- Dedicated Business Development team – linking academics with
businesses for consultancy or research support.
- Specialist training events – we run a huge range of activities
designed to help you and your colleagues develop the skills your business or organisation needs.
- Our i-Labs – we have state-of-the-art innovation
and conference facilities for the business community at both our Colchester
and Southend campuses.
- Business Incubation Centre – fledgling businesses are offered
space and support at our Southend Campus.
- VentureNavigator – a free online service to help start-ups and
small businesses created by an Essex-led consortium.
Quickly access our experts
We provide a fully-searchable online Directory of Experts including
contact information of 200 academics who can provide consultancy to
businesses or expert insights to members of the media.
View our Directory of Experts.
Contact our Research and Enterprise Office
Our Research and Enterprise Office can provide you
with all the information you will need about working with the University of
The Research and Enterprise Office also supports researchers by providing
information about: funding opportunities and application processes and
advice on research proposals; research innovation.
Information about intellectual property rights, patents and licensing and
spin out companies can also be offered.
For further information contact the Research and Enterprise Office:
T +44(0)1206 872925