Setting Up A New Award
Once the sponsor confirms funding, the Post Award (PA) team will set up a new research project. The PA team will then take the following steps:
- Reply to the sponsor to formally accept the grant award.
- Create a project and cost code in the Agresso financial system.
- Allocate the appropriate budgets to the project according to the application and sponsor’s confirmed level of funding.
- Calculate the Research Incentive available to the Principal Investigator and Co-Investigators.
- Ensure that, where necessary, ethical approval is granted before the project is officially announced and funds are released.
- Contact the REO Contracts Office to ensure that any issues relating to subcontracts or other legal obligations are finalised before research starts.
- Send out an Award Announcement which makes the cost code and budgets available to the Principal Investigator. In some cases, the PA team will make official returns to the sponsor regarding the start date of the research, depending on the sponsor’s requirements.