The Research Community
The Research and Enterprise Office provides information and advice to the academic community both within and outside the University.
The REO is responsible for the University's submission to the Research Excellence Framework (REF) and previously to the Research Assessment Exercise (RAE).
The REO provides a range of services that cover the entire lifecycle of a research grant. We can help you find funding and turn a good idea into a research grant application. The REO will cost the grant application and manage the entire application process. In addition, the REO offers advice and guidance on research ethics and intellectual property issues, and provides the legal expertise required to negotiate any contract relating to collaborative research. Once a grant application has been successful, we will administer the grant on your behalf and provide knowledge exchange support to ensure your research output is disseminated as widely as possible.
The REO co-ordinates the research planning processes within the University.
REO services for research include:
- Identifying funding sources – discover where to find funding
- Managing an award – support throughout your research project
- Making an application – how we help with applications
- Research governance – assistance and information relating to management of research
- Research planning and assessment – our RAE results and planning processes for the REF
- University of Essex Research Repository - open access repository disseminating research outputs
- Protecting and exploiting your IP – safeguard your intellectual property
- Knowledge Exchange – share your knowledge with the wider world
- Consultancy – assistance with negotiating consultancy contracts
- Events – see the latest research events