|Position in department||Professor of Philosophy
|Staff position||Head of School, Employability Development Director (SP onwards)
Fabian Freyenhagen read Philosophy, Politics and Economics at Exeter College, Oxford, and then completed a PhD in philosophy at the University of Sheffield. Before joining the Department, he taught at Sheffield and Cambridge. He was Co-Investigator of two AHRC funded projects under the umbrella of the Essex Autonomy Project.
Link to staff personal web page (which contains further information including online papers)
BA Oxford, PhD Sheffield
- Critical Theory and the notion of social pathology;
- autonomy and its (social) conditions;
- questions of methodology, normativity and justification in various authors (specifically Adorno, Kant, and Rawls) and contemporary ethics/political philosophy.
- Theory, history and practice of autonomy
- Frankfurt School (especially Adorno)
- Ethics (particularly Kant’s and Kantian ethics)
- Political Philosophy
|Publications||Link to publications for Fabian Freyenhagen