Quality childcare in Colchester
Welcome to the Wivenhoe Park Day Nursery set in the beautiful and historic surroundings of the University of Essex.
Our large purpose-built nursery offers exceptional day care for children aged from three months to five years old.
We welcome applications for all children, whether you are a student, employed at the University or a member of the public.
Our new name and website
Exciting times are ahead
for our Nursery with our newly launched website as well as the introduction of our Nursery Genie management system, which
will make it easy for you to track your child’s progress online. What better way to complement our bright forecast than with a refresh of our name.
We wanted to embrace the beautiful surroundings of the University’s campus and align ourselves more effectively within the community and so it
was agreed that ‘Wivenhoe Park Day Nursery’ would best express that. This new name ties in well with our existing room names, with all the animals,
flowers and tress being found in the grounds of Wivenhoe Park.
We hope you are as excited by the upcoming changes as we are as we endeavour to maintain the best possible care experience for your children.
Why we are different
- We have a dedicated and caring team of practitioners with service at the nursery totalling over 467 years!
- We follow a high quality educational practice overseen by two graduate Early Years Professionals
- Our seasonal home cooked menus are developed by our resident chefs
- All our rooms have direct access to our secure outdoor play areas, where free flow play is supported
- Being on the University campus offers us opportunities to explore the parkland in different seasons and visit Wivenhoe House Hotel for activities
- We embrace the University's global community and welcome the opportunities to explore, explain and celebrate different cultures
- We hold children's mini graduations linked to the University's graduation celebrations
We are open from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday, all year round, with the exception of Bank Holidays.
Explore our pages to find out more, or contact us.
“The nursery provides a vibrant and stimulating environment and the staff offer an extremely inclusive and welcoming service for all children and their families.”
Ofsted Report November, 2012