HS256-5-SP-CO: Practice Placement 4
Department: Health and Human Sciences
Essex credit: 30
ECTS credit: 15
Available to Study Abroad / Exchange Students: No
Full Year Module Available to Study Abroad / Exchange Students for a Single Term: No
Outside Option: No
Louise Andrews supported by the OT team
Ian Mounteney IPL Administrator, email@example.com; tel; 01206 874488
|Module is taught during the following terms
In this second 8-week module, students have the opportunity to experience work with a third client group and to draw upon previous knowledge and experience to manage a small caseload, or take equivalent responsibility, under supervision. Professional judgements will be based upon sound theoretical knowledge. Professional suitability and development are assessed using a pro forma and submission of reflective work which demands increased levels of professional skills and increasingly critical appraisal of students' practice from a sound knowledge base.
Learning and Teaching Methods
The student will take an active role in the therapy process and must provide evidence of the ability to implement occupational therapy, which includes philosophy; principles and values.
A case study presentation or negotiated service topic provides an opportunity to demonstrate understanding; analysis and evaluation of client intervention or wider service-related issues.
Teaching skills must be demonstrated by the student whilst on placement. Evaluation of his/her effectiveness in therapy and some reflection on his/her work is required.
100 per cent Coursework Mark
- Boyt Schell Barbara A and Schell John W Clinical and Professional Reasoning in Occupational Therapy Ethical Reasoning Chapter 8 pp 188 - 208 Lippincott Williams & Wilkins London
- Wilding C & Whiteford G From Practice to Praxis: Reconnecting Moral Vision with Philosophical Underpinnings British Journal of Occupational Therapy (BJOT) College of Occupational Therapy (COT) October 2009 72 (10) pp 434 - 441
- Sheffield L From Rhetoric to Reality College of Occupational Therapy (COT) Occupational Therapy News 17 (7) July 2009 pp 34-35
- Chrobok & White Julia-Marie Exploring All the Options College of Occupational Therapy (COT) Occupational Therapy News 17 (7) July 2009 p26
- Duncan Edward A S (2009) Skills for Practice in Occupational Therapy Churchill Livingstone Elsevier Philadelphia