|Position in department||Professor of Operational Research
|Office hours||9:00am to 5:00pm, except when teaching or in meetings.
Linked with the School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering.
Member of the Evolutionary Computation Group.
PI on the KTP TSB funded project on Labour Scheduling in Container Ports with Qingfu Zhang, Xinan Yang. Dr Ali Shaghaghi is the Research Assistant on the project; Tom Corkhill and Stephen Peck are the Port of Felixstowe links.
PI on the TSB funded project on Re-imaginng the Town Centre: Smart Town Centre with Vania Sena (EBS), Ken Guild, and Jeff Guild. Liang Wang is the Research Assistant on the project.
PI on TSB funded project Optimum Pollination with Honeybees in collaboration with Andrew Lewis of SimulSys ltd.
- Optimisation: Mathematical Programming and Heuristics (Evolutionary Computing, Nature-inspired Algorithms, the Strawberry Algorithm);
- Numerical Analysis; Data Mining (Big Data); Bioinformatics.
|Publications||Link to publications for Abdel Salhi
Past PhD Students
- Dr Jose Antonio Vazquez Rodriguez
- Dr Horacio Camacho Hernandez (jointly with Prof. Q. Zhang)
- Dr Muhammad Yousaf
- Dr Muhammad Farooq
- Dr Rasheeda Adeeb Khanum (Jointly with Prof. Q. Zhang)
- Dr Abdelhak Kheniche