A simple list of documents produced by, or discussed by, UCGAL.
These some videos that were filmed at the launch event that took place on Thursday 27 January 2011, in the Reading Room of the British Academy (Here is a Press release about the event, with more information about the speakers).
- Prof Ros Mitchell (University of Southampton), UCGAL Chair: Welcome, Introduction, about UCGAL.
- Prof Peter Austin (School of Oriental and African Studies) on the importance of linguistic research for understanding and sustaining endangered languages and related cultural diversity.
- Dr Terry Lamb (University of Sheffield) on the contribution of linguistic research to education.
- Prof Alison Wray (Cardiff University) on how linguistics contributes to our understanding of thought, and memory and how it can make a difference to the quality of life of people with Alzheimer's.
[If you are using Windows, the videos above should begin to play automatically. If you are using MacOS or Linux, you might need to install an alternate player, such as VLC (http://www.videolan.org/) or MPlayer (http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/news.html). If all else fails, please me, and I will send you mp4 versions, which should play without problems]
Varia – Other Documents
- Press release for UCGAL Official Launch (.pdf format, Jan 2011) (.doc format)
- Constitution (2010)
- UCGAL Response to REF (draft, 14/12/2009)
- UCGAL Response to Ref (final version, 6 May 2010)
- Worton Report
- Letter sent to Principal of KCL (Feb 2010)
- Report on 2008 RAE Results by, Paul Rowlett (2009)
This page is maintained by Doug Arnold (
doug -at- essex.ac.uk).
Last Updated: 27 February, 2013.