- Office of Public Defenders of Rio de Janeiro - Brazil (www.dpge.rj.gov.br) – Public Defender / Legal Aid Lawyer – 12/2003 to 01/2006 and 02/2008 to 09/2008 (currently on study leave)
- Essex Human Rights Review (www.ehrr.org) – Executive Editor on Book Reviews for regular issues and Editor for the Special Issue on the UKIERI Conferences on Children’s Rights (volunteer) – 01/2009 to present
- Envision (www.envision.org.uk) – Youth Educator (volunteer) – 09/2006 to 10/2007
- Riovoluntario (www.riovoluntario.org.br) – Legal Volunteer – 06/2002 to 12/2003
- Brazilian Development Bank – BNDES (www.bndes.gov.br) – Lawyer – 04/1999 to 12/2003
- MA in Human Rights – School of Public Policy, UCL, University of London, London, UK – 2006/2007
- Postgraduate Certificate in Civil Procedural Law – IBDP – Brazilian Institute of Procedural Law – Brasilia, Brazil, 1999.
- Law Degree (LLB) – University of Rio de Janeiro – UERJ, Brazil, 1993 to 1997.
- Human Rights, especially Economic, Social and Cultural Rights
- Access to Justice and Legal Aid Services
|Supervisor||Joint Supervision: Professor Sheldon Leader and Dr Clara Sandoval
|Thesis title||The Judicialisation of Poverty and the Right to an Adequate Standard of Living
- International Organisation ATD Fourth World - ‘Campus’ Seminar (Pierrelaye, France, August 2009). Paper presented: ‘The Right to Have Someone Beside You? Discriminatory Social Relations and the Preventive Role of Law’.
- VIII National Conference of Public Defenders (Porto Alegre, Brazil, November 2009). Paper presented at the ‘Thesis Competition’: ‘Proposals for a Strategic Poverty Reduction Action Plan for Legal Aid Services in Brazil’. Awarded First Prize.