|Staff position||History Tutor
|E-mail||jmcgowan (non Essex users should add @essex.ac.uk)
|Telephone||2840 (non Essex users should add 01206-87 to the beginning of this number)
- PhD, School of History, Queen Mary, University of London. Thesis title: ‘Harmony and discord within the English “Counter-Culture”, 1965-1975, with particular reference to the “Rock Operas” Hair, Godspell, Tommy, and Jesus Christ Superstar.’
- MA (with Distinction and Prizes) in Twentieth-Century British History, Queen Mary, University of London. Thesis title: 'Reduced snapshots and enlarged negatives? Grunwick - the Left, the Right, the Media.'
- BA (Open) (Honours) (First Class), the Open University.
- Diploma in Drama (Acting) (with Merit), Queen Margaret College, Edinburgh.
- BA, University of Strathclyde.
- Post-1945 British political and cultural history.
- Britain during 'The Sixties'.
- Pop-rock music history.
- The history of British theatre.
- Television and film history.
- "Dispute’, ‘Battle’, ‘Siege’, ‘Farce’? – Grunwick 30 Years On", Contemporary British History, Volume 22 Issue 3, September 2008.
- Available online.