Select your country
You are viewing information for:
United States of America
We have established a worldwide reputation for top quality teaching and research since being founded in 1964.
We offer undergraduate and postgraduate study across the social sciences, humanities and comparative studies, science and engineering, and law and management. Our courses and research opportunities allow you to develop your knowledge and understanding, as well as provide the key skills and training to successfully enter your chosen career.
- Top ten for research and teaching (RAE 2008) meaning our students are taught, supported and supervised by world leaders in their fields.
- Top 20 for student experience (NSS 2011)
- The UK’s number one social science university (RAE 2008)
- Uniquely international – 12,000 students from over 130 countries. There are currently 157 students from the USA at the University of Essex.
- Less than one hour from London – our three campuses are in great locations. The University’s largest campus is based in beautiful parkland in Colchester.
- Friendly and supportive campus environments
- Outstanding academic and social facilities
- Award winning accommodation and students union
- Well established foundation, pre- Masters and English language pathways
Did you know:
- One of our notable American alumni is John Warwick Montgomery, American lawyer, theologian and academic, who studied MPhil Law at the University of Essex.
Join us for live chats every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.