Select your country
You are viewing information for:
United States of America
Fees, living costs and funding opportunities
Tuition fees for 2012/13 are as follows. These fees cover all charges in respect of teaching, use of equipment/laboratories and examinations. Fees for 2013
entry will be released later in the year.
- International Bridging Year and Year 0 of 4 year degree programmes: £9,000
- Certificate of Higher Education in Business: £11,750
- Standard fee Undergraduate degrees: £10,950
- Higher fee for Biological Sciences, Health and Human Sciences,and Psychology Undergraduate degrees: £12,950
- Standard fee for Postgraduate degrees: £10,950
- Higher fee for Biology, Finance and Psychology Postgraduate degrees: £12,950
More information about tuition fees for all courses can be found here.
If you are studying at our Colchester or Southend campuses you will be guaranteed accommodation on your campus for your first year of study – providing you have had your academic place confirmed and your application is received by the published deadline.
If you are classified as an international student, you will be able to apply for University accommodation in the following years while completing your course.
We only have a limited amount of accommodation suitable for couples and families and therefore cannot guarantee accommodation for first-year students who are accompanied by a partner and/or children. We recommend you contact Accommodation Essex as soon as possible if this is the case. Accommodation Essex can also help if you are looking for privately rented accommodation.
Accommodation costs for 2012-13 are listed below. Figures for 2013-14 will be available in early 2013. More information about the different types of accommodation is available from Accommodation Essex.
- Single campus room with shared bathroom: from £2,650 (39 weeks) or
£3,398 (50 weeks)
- Single campus room with private toilet and shower: from £4,095 (39 weeks) or
£5,250 (50 weeks)
- University Square – en-suite room: £115.99 (per week)
- University Square – studio flat: £140 (per week)
The following estimates are based on the average amount a single student will need to spend on items such as food, books, stationery and clothes as well as travel and leisure. Separate figures are given for students who spend 39 weeks at the University (going home during the summer vacation) and those students, mainly postgraduates who spend almost the whole year at the University.
- 39 weeks - £3,895
- 50 weeks - £5,693
*Costs for tuition fees and accommodation should be added to these figures to give an indication of the overall costs a student will need to cover during a year's study.
If you are classed as a home student you may be eligible for financial support from the UK government. Please visit the student finance web pages for more information.
Scholarships and funding are available from a variety of sources. There are some University of Essex scholarships available at postgraduate level. We also offer information about other sources of funding.