The University of Essex is a truly international institution with a long history of welcoming students from around the world.
With a global outlook and reputation for research and teaching,
we are one of the UK's most internationally diverse campus universities with students from more than 130 countries.
These pages have been designed to help international
students find the relevant information when considering studying at Essex. You can find information specific to your country using the country selection
boxes within our pages. Find out more about our
University and why our students choose Essex.
- Second for student experience (NSS) and top ten for research (RAE).
- Top 30 of universities in the world less than 50 years old (THE).
- Number one for social sciences in the UK with several of our departments ranked top ten (RAE).
- Our Human Rights Centre was recently awarded the Queen’s Anniversary Prize.
- A range of notable alumni - a president, Members of Parliament, the first Mexican astronaut, film directors and two Nobel Prize winners.
- Great employment prospects - 91.9 per cent of our international graduates were in employment or further study within six months (DLHE survey 2012).
Explore our videos, blogs and social media to see our campuses, facilities and accommodation and hear from our students and academics about what it's really like to study with us.
Find a course
Use our course finder to find the right course for you. Our courses allow you to
demonstrate your academic potential in a research-intensive environment, while
developing the knowledge and skills required for a successful graduate career.
Meet our students
We’re confident you'll settle into our friendly campus environment and enjoy a world-class education, but find out from our international students what it's like to study and live at our University.