A campus visit can cater for groups of between twenty
students and usually run from 10.30am-2pm (although
earlier/later times can be arranged). We primarily run campus
visits for students in years 10,11, 12 and 13, however we can run
visits for students in other year groups.
A campus visit usually involves:
- An introductory presentation tailored to match the stage students are at from initial thoughts about ‘Why go to University?’ right through to practical advice on making UCAS applications.
- Campus and accommodation tours; current students will take groups around the University
for a guided tour.
Students are given the opportunity to look around the campus, visit
the sports centre, and see inside two types of student accommodation
(if available). Tours can be tailored to the requirements of the
students by adding in quizzes, questionnaires, and treasure hunts.
- Lunch break; students usually get around 45-60 minutes for
lunch, and are supervised by our student ambassadors during this
time. Students can either bring a packed lunch with them or buy
lunch from the on-campus catering outlets and campus shop.
University can provide students with lunch vouchers which can be
used in the catering outlets on campus, this is
then charged the to
school or college.
- Higher Education Activities; depending on the age of the students, we have a range of activities to take part in. These include skills workshops to aid communication and team work, finance and budgeting exercises, careers information plus arts based sessions and many more.
- Student panel; this is an opportunity at the end of the
day for students to quiz current undergraduate students with any
questions they still have about university life. There are prizes
for good questions!
All of our visits are specifically tailored to meet the needs and
requirements of your students. Once a visit is booked, the member of
staff organising the visit will contact the lead teacher/tutor to
discuss individual requirements.
We run campus visits from both of our Colchester and Southend
Campuses. If you are not sure which campus is best, give the
a call (01206 873424) and we will discuss it with you.
To request a campus visit please use our
online booking form or alternatively,
contact the Outreach team
for further information.