This page provides a range of information about recruiting new staff. If you
have any questions and can't find the answers here, please just email us on
email@example.com or get in touch
with your HR Contact.
Recruitment policies and other information
Requesting permission for a post
Permission to recruit needs to be obtained by the recruiting manager prior to
creating a requisition in iTrent. To start the approval process you will need to
The below documents are restricted to Essex staff only.
Advertising, shortlisting and interviewing
- Job pack (.docx) (restricted access)
- Includes template advert, job description, person specification and other advertising information needed to publish your vacancy.
- Two Ticks - positive about disabled people
- Our five commitments to the recruitment, employment, retention and career development of disabled people.
Senior support staff interview guidelines (.pdf)(restricted access)
- To ensure the recruitment of our senior support staff is a fair, consistent and
transparent process resulting in the appointment of the most suitable candidate.
- Shortlisting decision grid (.rtf)
- To record shortlisting decisions (during short-listing process).
- Interview decision grid (.rtf)
- To record interview decisions (during the interview process).
Making a staff appointment (job offers and contracts)