Are you an Essex graduate and Home/EU student with excellent academic background?
You could be eligible for our Silberrad Scholarships, worth £10,086 in 2017-18 and
awarded for the duration of your PhD (subject to satisfactory progress).
The scholarship will pay your tuition fees and provide a stipend towards living
costs. Two scholarships are available for 2017-18 entrants.
The Silberrad Scholarships are funded by a legacy from the Silberrad estate,
bequeathed to Essex in 2007.
You can apply for this scholarship if you meet all of the following
- hold a degree from the University of Essex (undergraduate and/or Masters), or are in the final term of completing a degree at the University of Essex
- are classified as a Home or EU student for fee purposes
- have an offer of admission (conditional or unconditional) for full-time PhD study starting in October 2017 (Professional Doctorates are excluded)
If you're a current student looking for information about an award you
received, see our terms and conditions
for previous years.
How to apply
All other applicants must:
After you apply
Scholarship recipients will be chosen based on:
- academic ability - based on previous academic qualifications,
normally a first or high 2.1 Bachelors degree and/or a Masters
degree with distinction or merit
- research potential - based on the candidate's research proposal
submitted with their application, as well as their statement on the
scholarship application form
If your application has been successful then you'll be notified by the end of April 2017
by our Funding team.