University of Essex Mathematical Sciences Doctoral Scholarships
Details of this scholarship for 2017-18 will
be announced soon.
Our University of Essex Mathematical Sciences Doctoral Scholarship supports
talented PhD students to study in our Department of Mathematical
If you have an excellent academic background and the potential for future
achievement, you could be eligible. Once awarded, you'll
receive the scholarship in each year of your PhD (subject to satsifactory
progression). The scholarship includes:
- a fee waiver equal to the Home/EU fee (international students will need to pay the balance of their fees)
- living costs of up to £12,000 per year, comprising a stipend of £8,000 per year and a Graduate Teaching
or Research Assistantship worth £4,000 in years two and three
- a training bursary of £250 per year
- Proficio funding,
which can be used to 'buy' advanced skills training
You can apply for this scholarship if you have been offered a place at
Essex to start a full-time PhD in 2016-17.
If you're a current student looking for information about an award you
received, see our terms and conditions
for previous years.
How to apply
After you apply
Scholarship recipients will be chosen based on:
- academic ability - based on previous academic qualifications,
normally a Master's degree with distinction or merit
- research potential - based on the research proposal
submitted with your application, as well as the statement on your
scholarship application form
- professional development potential - based on your skills,
aptitudes and potential to support the department's
undergraduate teaching or research activities
If your application has been successful then you'll be notified shortly
after the closing date by our Funding team.