Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarships for
taught Masters students
If you're an international student from outside the EU and are funding your own studies,
you could be eligible for a scholarship worth up to £5,000, which you'll receive as a
tuition fee discount in your first year.
Our Vice-Chancellor established a major fund to pay for these scholarships.
||Three £5,000 scholarships
||For postgraduates from China who work at
||Five £5,000 scholarships
||For postgraduates from specific
universities in Latin America
||Two £3,000 scholarships
||For postgraduates from the USA
||Up to five £2,000 scholarships
||Other awards may be allocated under this
scheme to high achieving international
You must meet all of the following conditions:
- be classified as an international student for fee purposes
- be fully self-funding your studies
- where a country is specified, to have completed relevant school or university studies in that country
Students who aren't eligible
You are are not eligible for this award, even if you meet
the criteria above, if you:
- defer your entry (if you defer entry to the following
year, the award will be withdrawn, though you may be considered again
under the following year's terms and conditions)
You can only receive one award and it can't normally be held in conjunction with other
University of Essex awards.
If you're a current student looking for information about an award you
received, see our terms and conditions
for previous years.
How to apply
- Make sure you've read the full terms and conditions, above.
- Complete our application form (.docx)
and return it by 31 July 2016.