Equality and Diversity
The University of Essex aims to put equality and diversity at the heart of everything we do.
Our work on equality and diversity includes:
- our Equality and Diversity online course. All new members of staff must complete this within 6 months of starting work at the University.
- supporting the Access Forum, for staff and students with a shared interest in access issues. See the Access@Essex web site for more information.
- supporting the community-driven staff and student Dignity and Respect Group
- membership of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme, Britain's good practice employers' forum on sexual orientation
- achieving 'Two Ticks – positive about disabled people' accreditation
- subscribing to the International Staff website, which offers advice for anyone moving to the UK to work in higher education
- our ‘Caring for Carers’ project.
Find out more about how we promote equality and diversity.
Have a look around our site to find out more or learn who you need to speak to - or read more about our work on equality and diversity.
Check out our page of useful links to find other groups’ and outside organisations’ approaches to equality and diversity, as well as those of our partner institutions.