Your new home
Our landmark building offers an innovative and unique setting for
teaching business at our Colchester campus.
A beautifully-crafted environment for our students
Spread over 5500 sq m and set around a lush winter garden, the building
- study pods and innovation booths for group-working
- a light and spacious lecture theatre, with seating for
- bespoke working space for postgraduate and research students
- a café with adjacent sun terrace
- Bloomberg Terminals offering direct use of Bloomberg data,
information and analytics
Learn about our range of
undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
Championing sustainable design
Ethical and sustainable business practice is at the core of our values
and research and is at the heart of the building’s design:
- the winter garden dome gives the building its own micro-climate
- more than one tonne of carbon is saved per day through the energy efficient design and low carbon technologies
- a rainwater pond recycles water to cool the building
Explore the work of the Essex
An outstanding workspace for business innovation
Located opposite the Knowledge Gateway research park, the building offers a
hub for local and regional businesses to engage with our students:
- discuss knowledge transfer projects with our academics
- host workshops and conferences within a high profile
building at the forefront of business teaching and research
Find out more about how working with us can benefit your business.
Watch us grow
Our landmark building is now finished. Take a look at our timelapse video to see how our new building was constructed.
Our new building is just the start. Our undergraduate courses offer you a flexible, modular
course structure, teaching based on cutting-edge research and a truly global outlook for the modern business age.
We offer a wide range of specialist postgraduate courses, including Masters, PhD and MBA.
In our new building you'll benefit from dedicated study areas designed to meet the needs of postgraduate students.
Working with business
We offer a range of services for business, including consultancy, collaborative research, and student and
graduate recruitment. Our staff have extensive experience of both the public and private sectors.