Our work places us at the centre of the cultural and economic life of
- We make a contribution to the communities where our three campuses
are based by offering educational opportunities, services, events and
- Our research addresses many of the challenges facing society and our
academics are involved in projects directly relating to issues in Essex
and the eastern region.
- We make sure our students are developing the workplace skills which
employers are looking for. This means businesses value the skills of our
- We are a major employer and business in Essex – with a turnover of
more than £130 million and a workforce of over 2,000.
- Our multi-million pound Knowledge
Gateway research park is being developed next to the Colchester
Campus and is expected to create up to 2,000 jobs by providing a new
home for research and development, plus business enterprise.
- Our regional impact has been revealed by a
report completed by independent consultants PACEC.