Our courses in American (US) Studies, European Studies,
Latin American Studies and Liberal Arts are interdisciplinary
and have a global focus. They allow you to study a wide range of subjects acording to your interests,
including literature, history, philosophy, art history, sociology, politics and languages.
We provide a unique opportunity to look at issues and topics in new and exciting ways, and you also have the chance
to undertake period of study in a different country. Here you will gain new insights into a culture, hone
your language skills and develop personally.
- Top in the UK for student satisfaction - ranked 1st for American Studies in the
National Student Survey 2015
- Study abroad for a term or a year
- Courses allow you to study a wide range of subjects according to your interests
- A wide variety of language options
- Study with leading academics from across our University's departments
- £300 book scholarship for UK/EU
applicants for October 2015
Study with us
With our courses you can study modules offered by various University departments, while being a member of our Centre’s
community and receiving support from our staff and your fellow students.
An interdisciplinary degree gives you the flexibility to build a course that matches your career goals. We give you the skills and experience
that employers want and our graduates have entered a wide variety of fields.
Emma is in the final year of her American (US) Studies course. Find out about her life as a student in the Centre for Interdisciplinary Studies in the Humanities and her experience working as Frontrunner with us.