We bring together academics from across the University. Our courses are interdisciplinary, allowing you to study a variety of subjects
by choosing from modules
in literature, history, philosophy, the history of art, sociology and politics. Our focus stretches across
the world, with courses in American (US) Studies, European Studies,
Latin American Studies and Liberal Arts. This gives you
a unique opportunity to look at issues and subjects in new and exciting ways.
We believe that the best way for you to learn about a culture is to immerse yourself in it. This is why most of
our courses include a period of study in a different country. Here you will gain new insights into a culture, hone
your language skills and develop personally. All of our courses are flexible and give you the control to select
the subjects you are interested in.
Why we are special
- £300 equipment bursary if you select us as your first firm UCAS choice by 27 June
- Courses allow you to study a wide range of subjects
- Study abroad for a term or a year
- A wide variety of language options
- Flexible degree structures allow you to build a course according to your interests
- Study with leading academic experts from across our University's departments
Study with us
With our courses you can study modules offered by various University departments, while being a member of our Centre’s
community and receiving support from our staff and your fellow students.
Velika is a first year European Studies with Modern Languages student. She enjoys studying Italian and French, loves black coffee, travelling and Italian
cuisine. Read Velika's blog
An interdisciplinary degree gives you the flexibility to build a course that matches your career goals. We give you the skills and experience
that employers want and our graduates have entered a wide variety of fields.