Our courses are interdisciplinary and have a global focus.
You study across our University's subject areas,
including politics, sociology, history, philosophy, literature,
art history, and languages, according to your interests.
This enables you to develop a unique and wide ranging perspective on your studies, which you can enhance
with a period of study-abroad. Here you gain new insights into different cultures and have the chance to hone
your language skills.
- £200 book bursary available for October 2016 entry
- Top in the UK for student satisfaction - ranked 1st for American Studies in the
National Student Survey 2015
- Study abroad for a term or a year with options across Europe, the United States, Canada, China and Latin America
- Courses allow you to study a wide range of subjects according to your interests from across the social sciences and humanities
- A wide variety of language options
- Our staff are drawn from across our University departments
and have an extraordinary range of teaching and research expertise
Study with us
With our courses you can study modules offered by various University departments, while being a member of our Centre’s
community and receiving support from our staff and your fellow students.
An interdisciplinary degree gives you the flexibility to build a course that matches your career goals. We give you the skills and experience
that employers want and our graduates have entered a wide variety of fields.
UG Open Days
Book a place at our next undergraduate Open Day. As well as meeting staff from departments and
admissions, who can answer any questions you have, you can speak to current students about life at Essex while taking a campus tour.