|Position in department||Director, MA in Jungian and Post-Jungian Studies; Acting Director, MA in Comparative Psychoanalytic and Jungian Studies
|E-mail||klu (non Essex users should add @essex.ac.uk)
|Telephone||4971 (non Essex users should add 01206-87 to the beginning of this number)
- C. G. Jung, analytical psychology, Jungian and Post-Jungian theory
- psychoanalytic history and psychohistory, especially the application of analytical psychology to the discipline of history
- cultural complexes
- Psychology of Religion
- PA971, PA972, PA974 (MA Teaching)
- PA209 (Undergraduate Teaching)
- PA109 and PA108 (Undergraduate Teaching)
Lu, Kevin. (2013). “Can Individual Psychology Explain Social Phenomena? An Appraisal of the Theory of Cultural Complexes” in Psychoanalysis, Culture & Society. DOI:10.1057/pcs.2012.43
Lu, Kevin. (2013). "A Jungian Psychohistory: A. J. Toynbee's use of Analytical Psychology in his Theory of Civilizations" in The International Journal of Jungian Studies. DOI: 10.1080/19409052.2012.754364.
Lu, Kevin. (2011). "Jung and History" in Gottfried Heuer (Ed), Sexual Revolutions: Psychoanalysis, History and the Father. London and New York: Routledge, pp. 11-34.
Lu, Kevin. (forthcoming). "Reply to Thomas Singer" in Psychoanalysis, Culture & Society.
Lu, Kevin. (forthcoming). "Jung, History and His Approach to the Psyche" in Journal of Jungian Scholarly Studies.
- (2012). Review of Chris Hauke and Luke Hockley (Eds), Jung and Film II: The Return in Free Associations: Psychoanalysis and Culture, Media, Group Politics, 63. URL: http://freeassociations.org.uk/FA_New/OJS/index.php/fa/article/view/53
- (2010). "Review of Paul Bishop's 'Analytical Psychology and German Classical Aesthetics: Goethe, Schiller and Jung: Volume 1: The Development of the Personality" in The Heythrop Journal, 51(3), pp. 496-97.
- (2009). “The Jung-White Letters. Edited by Ann Conrad Lammers and Adrian
- Cunningham. London: Routledge, 2007. xxxi + 384 pages. £50.00 hardcover”. The Heythrop Journal, 50(3), pp. 543-44.
- (2009). “The Jung-White Letters. Edited by Ann Conrad Lammers and Adrian Cunningham. London: Routledge, 2007. xxxi + 384 pages. $80.00 hardcover”. International Journal for the Psychology of Religion, 19(1), pp. 73-75.
- (2008). “Meyer, Ruth. ‘Clio’s Circle: Entering the Imaginal World of Historians’. New Orleans, Louisiana: Spring Journal Books, 2007. xiv + 211 pages. $23.95 paperback”. Journal of Analytical Psychology, 53, pp. 722-23.
“Being Disenchanted with Re-enchantment: A Critical Reappraisal of the Theory of Cultural Complexes.” The First Regional Conference of the International Association for Jungian Studies, SOAS, University of London, 07/2011
“China’s Suppression of Tibetan Protests.” The 2nd International Conference of the International Association for Jungian Studies, Cardiff University, 07/2009
“Adumbrations of a Jungian Psychohistory.” Psychoanalysis, Culture and Society: A Postgraduate Conference, Middlesex University, 06/2009
“The Possession of Thomas Darling.” Religion: New Perspectives, University of Essex, 06/2008
“The Possession of Thomas Darling.” Research Symposium for Postgraduate Students, Darwin College, University of Kent, 05/2008
“Toynbee and Jung: Higher Religions and the Creation of a Psycho-Global Historical Approach.” CPS Research Student Week, University of Essex, 05/2008
“A Response to Peter Homans’s Article, ‘C. G. Jung: Christian or Post-Christian Psychologist?’” The Jungian Society for Scholarly Studies Vth Annual Conference, University of Toronto, Canada, 06/2006