Publications for Professor Joan Raphael-Leff
[see also: More publications, pre-1995]
- Psychological Processes of Childbearing, revised edition, University of Essex, 2001 [London: Chapman & Hall, 1991, reprinted: June, 1992; March 1993; 1994; 1996 Francis & Taylor]
- Pregnancy - The Inside Story, London: Karnac, 2001 [London: Sheldon Press, Nov.1993; American edition: New York: Jason Aronson, 1996]; [Herayon - Ha'olam Ha'pnimi, (Hebrew edition:) Tel-Aviv: Zmora Bitan, 1996]
- Female Experience: three generations of British Women Psychoanalysts on work with women, (eds. J.Raphael-Leff, & R.Jozef Perelberg), London, New York: Routledge, 1997
- Pregnancy: The Inside StoryTransition to Motherhood - open learning resource in 'Transition to Parenting' series, Royal College of Midwives, 1999
- Spilt Milk - Perinatal Loss and Breakdown (ed.) J Raphael-Leff, London: Institute of psychoanalysis, 2000, reprinted 2001
- Ethics of Psychoanalysis, (ed) J Raphael-Leff , Psychoanalytic Series. Centre for Psychoanalytic Studies, University of Essex, 2000
- Object Relations Reader (ed.) J Raphael-Leff, Psychoanalytic Series. Centre for Psychoanalytic Studies, University of Essex, 2001
- Where the Wild Things Are – in infancy and parenting (ed.) J Raphael-Leff, Psychoanalytic Series. Centre for Psychoanalytic Studies, University of Essex, 2001
- Between Sessions and Beyond the Couch (ed.) J Raphael-Leff, University of Essex Press, 2002
- Infant-Parent Psychodynamics - wild things, mirrors and ghosts (ed). J. Raphael-Leff, London: Whurr, 2003
- (1995) 'Imaginative bodies of childbearing: visions and revisions', Chapter 1 in The Imaginative Body - Psychodynamic Therapy in Healthcare, A. Erskine & D. Judd, (eds.) London: Whurr
- (1995) 'Narcissistic displacement in childbearing', Chapter 7 in Narcisssistic Wounds: British Perspectives on Narcissism, J. Cooper & A. Maxwell, (eds), London: Karnac Books
- (1996) 'Reproductive Narratives - some inside stories of pregnancy and parenting', Chapter in Partners becoming Parents, C. Clulow (ed.), London: Sheldon Press
- (1997) 'The Casket and the Key: thoughts on gender and generativity', chapter 13,pp.237-257 in Female Experience: three generations of British Female Psychoanalysts on work with women (eds. J.Raphael-Leff, & R.Jozef Perelberg), London, New York:Routledge
- (2000) 'Climbing the walls': puerperal disturbance and perinatal therapy in Spilt Milk - perinatal loss and breakdown (ed). J.Raphael-Leff., London: Institute of Psychoanalysis
- (2000) 'Behind the shut door' - a psychoanalytical approach to premature menopause, in Premature Menopause - a multidisciplinary approach (eds) D. Singer & M. Hunter, London: Whurr publishers
- (2001) ‘Milennium mothers’ in Women, Identity and the Life Cycle, S. Izzard & N. Barden (eds), Open University Press
- (2001) ‘Gift of gametes’ – intrapsychic, interpersonal and ethical implications of donated gametes in Healthcare Ethics and Human values KWM. Fulford, D. Dickenson & T M Murray (eds). Oxford: Blackwells, 2001
- (2001) ‘Primary Maternal Persecution’, Chapter 3 in Forensic Psychotherapy and Psychopathology Winnicottian Perspectives (ed.) Brett Kahr, London: Karnac Books.
- (2001) ‘Mothers and Power’ in Women and Power R.Paul & B.Seelig (eds), London: Karnac, 2001
- (2001) 'Where the wild things are', in Where the Wild Things Are J.Raphael-Leff, (ed), University of Essex Press.
- 'Canabalism and succour: is breast always best?' in Where the Wild Things Are J.Raphael-Leff, (ed), University of Essex Press.
- (2002) 'Presence of Absence' in Journey to Motherhood, F. Thomson-Salo (ed), Melbourne: Stonnington Press
- (2002) ‘Eros & ART’ in Inconceivable Conceptions: psychotherapy, fertility and the new reproductive technologies, J.Haynes & J.Miller (eds), Routledge, 2002
- (2002) 'The Embodied Therapist' in J.Raphael-Leff (Ed) Between Sessions and Beyond the Couch, University of Essex, 2002
- (2002) 'Egg Donation' in The Embodied Female, M.A. Alizade (ed) London: Karnac
- (2002) 'Freud, son of Jocasta: comparison of Oedipus & Ajase myths', Chapter in Ajase Myths and Psychoanalysis, (ed. K.Okonogi)
- (2002) 'Psychothérapie périnatal' in Des méres et leurs nouveau-nés - recherches et interventions autour de la naissance, (ed) M.Bydlowski, ESF, France
- (2002) 'Participperede, vermijdende en reciproke vaders: paternale orientations met betrekking tot het vader worden' pp. 69-82 in Vaders in Soorten, Brussels: Uitgeveerij lannoo
- (2003) 'Face to Face - Containment and Early Exchange' in Parent-Infant Psychodynamics - wild things, mirrors and ghosts, London: Whurr publications.
- (2003) 'Unprocessed Residues' in Parent-Infant Psychodynamics - wild things, mirrors and ghosts, London: Whurr publications.
- (2003) 'Representations and Reality' in Parent-Infant Psychodynamics - wild things, mirrors and ghosts, London: Whurr publications.
- (2003) 'Management Issues' in Parent-Infant Psychodynamics - wild things, mirrors and ghosts, London: Whurr publications.
- (1995) Psychoanalysis and Feminism, British Journal of Psychotherapy, vol 12:84-88.
- (1996) Day of Reckoning - a personal statement. New Formations, 26 Psychoanalysis & Culture
- (1997) Procreative Process, Placental Pardigm and perinatal psychotherapy, Journal American Psychoanalyic Association, Female Psychology supplement 44:373-399
- (1997) Expectant women and inner life, New Zealand Journal Royal College of Midwives, 97:18-21
- (2000) Presence of absence, Soc.Psychoanal. Marital Psychother. 7:2-9
- (2000) Use and abuse of psychodynamic understanding in midwifery Brit.J.Midwifery, 8/11 pp 686-688, 2001
- (2001) Women in the History of Psychoanalysis: female issues of gender, generation and the genesis, in Psychoanalysis & Psychotherapy, 18/1 special issue, ‘Women in Psychoanalysis: Memos for Future Historians’, ed. Edith Gould, International Universities Press, Madison, Connecticut
- (2001) When difference peaks – reproductive difference, Soc.Psychoanal. Marital Psychother. 8, Proceedings of International Conference, Keble College, Oxford
- (2002) Antenatal Emotional Disturbance, J. Infant. Mental Health
- The Motherhood Constellation, Daniel Stern. Infant Observation: Int. J. Inf. Obs.& Appl. 1:117-121, Feb.1998
Various newspaper and magazine interviews;
Various TV and Radio interviews and panel participation