Work for us
We are always looking for highly motivated individuals with great people skills to join our team. Check out
our job vacancies for details of casual work to fit in around your studies.
Essex Food mission
We are committed to the provision and service of high quality and
value for money food and beverages to our students, staff and visitors. We aim to
exceed your expectations with our wide offering of hot and cold food on campus,
prepared using fresh ingredients and served by our well trained, customer focused
staff in a great environment.
Our promise to you
- Where taste is not affected, we will always use lower fat
alternatives, for example reduced fat mayonnaise and dressings,
soft cheese and yoghurt.
- Wholegrain and wholemeal bread will be available in our outlets
for prepared rolls, sandwiches and baguettes.
- Decaffeinated tea and coffee will be available in all our outlets.
- Mineral water, semi-skimmed milk and 100 per cent fruit juices or smoothies
will be available daily.
- We will minimise the use of salt in food preparation.
- We will always consider cooking techniques and use the healthiest alternative
without affecting the taste - using grilling, baking and stir-frying in preference
to deep and shallow frying where appropriate.
- Healthy options and vegetarian choices will be available daily.
- We support the use of local and regional produce within our business.
Hospitality Assured accreditation
We were proud to have been awarded with the prestigious Hospitality Assured accreditation in 2011,
which is the quality standard created by the Institute of Hospitality specifically for customer facing businesses.