Options 2013 Careers Fair
Time to explore your future
Monday 28 October 2013
Time: 11am - 3pm
Venue: University Sports Hall
Get your year off to a really positive start by attending Options 2013
Careers Fair and take the chance to meet graduate
employers in person. Find out more about your career options, and discover
internships and graduate opportunities open to you right now.
The Fair is open to all students at the University of Essex and recent Essex
graduates, and all years are welcome. Details regarding travel from Southend
Campus to Colchester will follow.
What's in it for you?
The Options Careers Fair is a great chance to:
- network with graduate employers and create a good first impression;
- find out what they look for and how to apply;
- explore possible career paths and learn more about different industry
- ask all those questions you never normally get to ask!
The fair provides you with the rare opportunity to talk directly to graduate
employers and ask any questions that you may have face to face – so don’t miss
Not sure what to ask?
No problem! Here are some suggestions to get you started:
- What do you particularly look for in a student or graduate?
- How can I make my application stand out?
- What can I do now to prepare myself for your recruitment and selection
- What work experience do you expect your graduates to have when applying?
- Can you tell me more about what your graduate programme involves?
- What support and training would I receive?
- What kind of careers have past graduates gone on to have?
Be prepared to get noticed!
The Graduate recruiters attending Options are always looking to spot someone
with potential star quality, however they are quick to stress that if you want
to make a good impression at the fair, it is really important that you do your
Competition: Win a Kindle Paperwhite
Show us that you've done your research by answering the following questions:
- Targetjobs 'Graduate Employer of the Year 2013' is coming – who is it?
- In 'the Inside Story' what happens at 4.15pm at Majestic Wine?
- How many summer staff does Challenge Network recruit yearly? Answer: 1,800.
The answers can be found in the organisation profiles and we've even answered one for
you to give you a head start.
Bring your answers to the fair with your name and email or look out for the flyers
and drop them into the prize draw box on the information stand to be in with a chance
Don’t see a particular employer you are looking for? Don’t worry, this is
still a rare chance to meet graduate recruiters in person, the tips you learn at
Options will help you whoever you want to apply to, and you may just find out
about a career option you never even knew existed! Do visit this page regularly
as the list will be updated.
And don’t forget, the Bank of England doesn’t just employ finance people and
BT doesn’t just employ telecoms engineers – all big companies also employ
marketeers, HR professionals, business managers, IT, operations staff, and much
Is your organisation interested in attending Options?