Our What's On Guide
for this Spring term is now available. It features key employability events, activities and opportunities for all students from first years to postgraduate students.
Many past graduates say they wish they had participated in more careers activities whilst at Essex. Invest some time now. It’s your future.
You need to book your place in advance
for any of our events. Booking opens two weeks before each event, unless
Upcoming events at our Colchester Campus
There are many opportunities to meet employers, hear people talk about their jobs, find out about internships, develop your CV, your social media profile and job-hunting skills.
Here’s a sample:
- International Careers Week (.pdf): 27 January - 31 January. Features a range of events which focuses on international jobs, skills and careers. Aimed at home, EU and international
- Insights Into Careers and Further Study: North Essex Teacher Training, Changing the Face of Publishing, Careers in Librarianship and Information,
Postgraduate Study in the UK, Careers in the Art World
- Internships and Vacation Opportunities: Challenge Network, Essex Interns - how to apply for paid local internships, Effective Applications for Frontrunners
- Bloomberg Assessment Test: if you think you might be interested in finance, take the test and submit your results to over 2,000 finance-related employers in their talent search
- Job hunting sessions on applications, assessment centres and job interviews, CV basics and LinkedIn labs. Graduate recruiters such as FDM, Teachfirst and Endsleigh will
provide input to some of these sessions
- Job hunting skills for mature students
- Your Career, Your Move for PhD students. Book via Proficio.
Look out for any career sessions offered by your Department, Faculty or Student Society too.
Events at our Southend Campus
What's on this Spring term