Student business Stiltspro received funding support from the 2015 Big Pitch initiative. The new Start-up Hub will
enable more student businesses to grow and succeed.
Through the Start-up Hub we’re providing hot-desk space and hands-on business support for student and graduate start-up businesses.
The Start-up Hub opened in January 2017 and is supported by the University of Essex and Santander Universities.
Led by a dedicated Start-up Manager, the hub offers fledgling student businesses access to:
- business mentoring and support from the Start-up Manager
- vibrant, modern desk space at Parkside Office Village
- 'seedcorn' financing schemes
- access to a Knowledge Gateway business accelerator fund
- micro and crowdsourcing finance schemes
- a community of 20+ successful SMEs on the doorstep
- campus facilities and networking opportunities
The Start-up Hub is co-ordinated by our employability and
business teams and is located among our thriving SME
Parkside Office Village.
It signals an exciting new initiative at the Knowledge Gateway as the Innovation Centre is under construction,
ready for its opening in 2018. Once open, the centre will offer space and support for a further 50+ new start-ups to grow and innovate on the