Our University is home to the UK Data Archive,
curator of the largest collection of digital data in the social sciences and humanities in the
UK. We hold several thousand datasets relating to society, both historical and contemporary.
Data is available to research professionals through the UK
Our data collections
include items such as:
- UK business microdata including innovation, wages and productivity
- international macrodata including energy production
- IMF, OECD and World Bank economic data
- UK census data
- UK surveys including population, social attitudes, family expenditure and health
- international social surveys
How it works
If you're a researcher working for a commercial business, public body or charity then you
can register with the UK Data Service to download data from our archive.
If you would like to discuss your project in more detail or would like us to help source
data for you, please contact our Research and Enterprise Office using the details below.
Our University has world-leading academics in all of the subjects in which we host data. Our
Research and Enterprise Office team will work with you to understand your project and research
goals, and provide career researchers to analyse data for you.
Our UK Data Service also provides
online guidance on analysing datasets.