Our strategy from 2009-10 to 2013-14 is built upon a robust set of key
performance indicators. This strategic plan points the way to an ambitious
programme of investment designed to establish Essex as a university with global
impact and an international reputation that is unparalleled for a university of
our size, underpinned by our strong regional base.
- We will grow through partnership (regional and international) and through developing our multi-campus footprint
- We will invest prudently, with a focus on student experience and on enhancing our position as a top-ten university for research quality
- We will focus a proportion of our resource on a small number of collaborative research projects that will lever external funding to address major global challenges facing humanity
- We will maintain our commitment to widening participation and will continue to focus on the recruitment of high quality students both at home and internationally
Given the diversity and strength of our income base, alongside our effective
mechanisms for cost management, the University of Essex will remain financially
resilient even if we face future funding constraints.
- Strategic Plan download (.pdf). This document contains the
text/information as agreed by Council in November 2009, and is the version submitted to HEFCE.
The Strategy is reviewed on an ongoing basis and the following areas have
been updated since being submitted to HEFCE:
Please refer to the web pages for the latest information.
Free Acrobat Reader software is needed to view Portable Document Format
(PDF) files. Access technology information and tools, and a free conversion tool
for PDF documents are also available on Adobe's website.