Health and Safety Bulletins
Health and safety bulletins are short communications designed to keep you up to date with information you need to manage health and safety or work safely. They are issued as and when required.
Bulletins will be published on the OHSAS website and links either sent to HSLOs and DHSOs (who may distribute them further) or targeted at specific employee groups. When looking for a bulletin on the website click on the appropriate year in the box on the right hand side of this page.
Categories of action
The following categories of action are used to help you decide what to do in response to the bulletin:
- For information: This will have a green banner. These do not require specific action, but may prompt a need for you to review health and safety practice.
- For action: These are issued when you are being asked to take specific action. They will have an amber banner and may include a date by which action needs to be taken.
- Urgent: These will be used to inform you about serious health and safety risks for which urgent action needs to be taken. They will have a red banner.
Categories of bulletin
Bulletins are categorised as follows:
- Policy: University of Essex Requirement
- Committee: Notification / actions arising from H&S committee
- Best practice: Notifying about anything relating to improving H&S practice
- Safety alert: Accident, prosecution, civil claim or safety hazard which signifies need to review practice
- Consultation: We want your feedback on new health and safety standards
- Training: Advertising new training opportunities
- Event: Advertising upcoming events
The categories are shown in the bottom right hand corner of each bulletin